Thursday 28 August 2008

Sigh...

The place is a shambles.

The office, I mean.

I have no work space because of all of the crap that's piled on the desk, and I think I'm starting to get a headache from the smell.

And my butt's slightly damp besides.

Erm... that last was probably too much information.

So what caused this disaster, you ask? I hope you asked, because it was obviously my intention to make you ask.

They...





Are you sure you can handle this?

They...

cleaned the carpets today.

Yes, it's true. They cleaned the carpets. And the damp bottom, in case you wondered, is because they also cleaned my chair (amongst other things) and I didn't wait for it to dry thoroughly before sitting down on it. My fault, yes, but that's certainly not going to stop me from whinging about it.

So here I sit, damply, with all of the programming stuff that's usually stored UNDER my desk piled on top of it. It's a lot of stuff. And it's very definitely a my-job-is-weird assortment of stuff. Everything from rocks to a telescope to art supplies to... um... nerf balls lives under this desk, you know.

Usually lives under it. Have I mentioned that it's ALL ON TOP right now?

Sigh.

It's enough to break my OLF heart to see things in this state. I'm not saying I'm the neatest person in the world ordinarily, but I do admit to having an a place for everything and everything in its place mentality. It only makes sense. That's how you keep from losing things. That's how you know what you have.

Right now I have a mess.

Wheat doesn't have a mess. That's because Wheat put the stuff from his side of the room into a different room rather than on his desk. I'm the only one who has a mess.

My fault again, yes. No one said I had to put stuff on the desk instead of on the table in the other room. It was just easier, that's all.

Until a person tries to actually work.

Then it's not easier.






Sigh.

My brain hurts.

Oh, and this. No reason.

----------

Edited some time later to add this. Just because.

1 comment:

Sparroweye said...

We are just going to have to replace our carpeting. It is beyond cleaning.
I hate that carpet cleaner smell. And it is probably bad for your lungs. When I clean out my dresser and bedroom, then I can't find anything. Thanks for that Monty Python. I never laughed so hard. No moth this morning but two mornings in a row I had those show up.

Related Posts with Thumbnails